Foods that may cause intolerance reactions in sensitive people include:
- Dairy products (including milk, cheese and yoghurt)
- Eggs (particularly egg white)
- Flavour enhancers, eg. monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Food additives
- Strawberries, citrus fruits and tomatoes
- Wine (particularly red wine)
How do I know if I have a Food Intolerance?
Food intolerances can be difficult to diagnose and can sometimes be determined by eliminating certain ingredients from the diet and waiting to see if symptoms subside. As restricted diets can lead to inadequate nutrition, particularly in children, these ‘elimination diets’ are usually temporary and followed under strict medical supervision.